Wei Liu, M.D., Ph.D
Dr. Liu is a ABIM board certified internist in Flushing, NY. She graduated from HeBei Medical University and Peking Union Medical College (PUMC) in China. She completed Internal Medicine residency training at New York Medical College/Brookdale University Hospital and Medical Center. Prior to residency, Dr. Liu worked as a scientist at National Cancer Institute (NCI), National Institutes of Health (NIH) and has been a pioneer researcher in the field of cancer research. Dr. Liu published over 30 original papers and has been invited multiple times to speak in national and international conferences. Dr. Liu is fluent in both Mandarin and English. She currently accepts new patients.Book Your Appointment Today 网上预约
1.Hancock CN, Liu W, Alvord WG, Phang JM. Co-regulation of mitochondrial respiration by proline dehydrogenase/oxidase and succinate. Amino Acids. 2016 Mar;48(3):859-872.
2.Liu W, Hancock CN, Fischer JW, Harman M, Phang JM.Proline biosynthesis augments tumor cell growth and aerobic glycolysis: involvement of pyridine nucleotides.Sci Rep. 2015 Nov 24;5:17206.
3.Phang JM, Liu W, Hancock C. Bridging epigenetics and metabolism: role of non-essential amino acids. Epigenetics. 2013 Mar;8(3):231-6
4.Liu W, Phang JM. Proline dehydrogenase (oxidase) in cancer. Biofactors. 2012 Nov-Dec;38(6):398-406.
5. Liu W, Phang JM. Proline dehydrogenase (oxidase), a mitochondrial tumor suppressor, and autophagy under the hypoxia microenvironment. Autophagy. 2012 Sep;8(9):1407-9.
6.Phang JM, Liu W, Hancock C, Christian KJ. The proline regulatory axis and cancer.Front Oncol. 2012 Jun 21;2:60
7. Liu W, Le A, Hancock C, Lane AN, Dang CV, Fan TW, Phang JM. Reprogramming of proline and glutamine metabolism contributes to the proliferative and metabolic responses regulated by oncogenic transcription factor c-MYC. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2012 Jun 5;
8. Liu W, Glunde K, Bhujwalla ZM, Raman V, Sharma A, Phang JM. Proline oxidase promotes tumor cell survival in hypoxic tumor microenvironments. Cancer Res. 2012 Jul 15;72(14):3677-86.
9. Phang JM, Liu W. Proline metabolism and cancer. Front Biosci (Landmark Ed). 2012 Jan 1;17:1835-45.
10. Liu W, Zabirnyk O, Wang H, Shiao YH, Nickerson ML, Khalil S, Anderson LM, Perantoni AO, Phang JM. miR-23b targets proline oxidase, a novel tumor suppressor protein in renal cancer. Oncogene. 2010 Sep 2;29(35):4914-24.
11. Phang JM, Liu W, Zabirnyk O. Proline metabolism and microenvironmental stress. Annu Rev Nutr. 2010 Aug 21;30:441-63
12. Tokar EJ, Qu W, Liu J, Liu W, Webber MM, Phang JM, Waalkes MP. Arsenic-specific stem cell selection during malignant transformation. J Natl Cancer Inst. 2010 May 5;102(9):638-49.
13. Zabirnyk O, Liu W, Khalil S, Sharma A, Phang JM. Oxidized low-density lipoproteins upregulate proline oxidase to initiate ROS-dependent autophagy. Carcinogenesis. 2010 Mar;31(3):446-54
14. Zhu ZQ, Liu W, Xu CL, Han SM, Zu SY, Zhu GJ. Reference data for quantitative ultrasound values of calcaneus in 2927 healthy Chinese men. J Bone Miner Metab. 2008;26(2):165-71.
15. Liu W, Zhu ZQ, Wang W, Zu SY, Zhu GJ. Crucial roles of GATA-2 and SP1 in adrenomedullin-affected expression of tissue factor pathway inhibitor in human umbilical vein endothelial cells exposed to lipopolysaccharide. Thromb Haemost. 2007 May;97(5):839-46.
16. Zhu ZQ, Liu W, Xu CL, Han SM, Zu SY, Zhu GJ. Ultrasound bone densitometry of the calcaneus in healthy Chinese children and adolescents. Osteoporos Int. 2007 Apr;18(4):533-41
17. Liu W, Xu ChL, Zhu ZQ, Han ShM, Zu ShY, Zhu GJ. Assessment of low quantitative ultrasound values of calcaneus in Chinese mainland women. J Clin Densitom. 2006 Jul-Sep;9(3):351-7
18. Liu W, Xu CL, Zhu ZQ, Wang W, Han SM, Zu SY, Zhu GJ. Characteristics of calcaneus quantitative ultrasound normative data in Chinese mainland men and women.Osteoporos Int. 2006;17(8):1216-24.